The difference between a ratty mop and messy chic “intentional texture” = beach waves. Lazy hair people rejoice! This week, we’ve been experimenting and we’re happy to report success. People have been complimenting our “undone” tresses, so now we’re ready to spill the beans on how you can incorporate this style into your lives! If you’re like me, and love sassy hair with minimal effort, this can be an everyday look. If you prefer something more polished for your daily routine, save this one for a weekend brunch or a day when you press the snooze button one too many times. Enjoy! xo #ave42natalie
Recipe for brilliant no-brainer beach waves
1. On dry hair, spritz Oribe Foundation Mist directly on hair mid-shaft to ends. Comb through hair and section the hair into two parts. Part your hair in the usual manner (I do a center-part for this look, but I realize some people are anti center-part and that’s fine!!) Find a part that works for you and section the hair into two parts like pigtails.
2. Apply Oribe Surfcomber Mousse midshaft to ends on each section. Comb through.
3. Braid each section and secure with a hairtie.
4. Do your makeup or eat breakfast… do something for 15 minutes.
5. Throw on a little heat with a hairdryer (one or two minutes on each section).
6. Take out the braided pigtails, flip your head over, shoot a little Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray in an orbit/halo motion, flip your head back over, and voila!
7. If you want more structured waves, use a curling iron on low heat to give more definition. **That adds time, therefore I didn’t do it!
Here is my look: